Chiropractic Treatment for Sciatica
Sciatica is defined as pain or discomfort associated with the sciatic nerve which runs from the lower back, down the back of the legs to the feet. It most commonly occurs in adults in the 20 – 60 year age group. It is estimated that up to 40% of the New Zealand population will experience sciatica at some point in their lives.
- 1Mild to being very severe
- 2Cramp-like pain – burning or sharp
- 3Sensations alike pins and needles
- 4Typically felt in lower back and hip
- 5Tingling, numbness and weakness
- 6Progressive weakness in the legs