Avoidance of movement & exercise for fear of injuring yourself in a common excuse we hear at the clinic.
The link below connects to an article on verywellfit.com for advice on how to avoid injury.
These tips include
- gradually building up the intensity on your workouts, enabling your body time to adapt to the new stresses being placed upon it
- emphasis on correct form. It is all very well & good lifting heavier weights or running longer but if it is at the sacrifice of correct technique then injury is more likely.
- vary the type workouts you are doing so not to use, & subsequently fatigue the same muscles & joints.
- stay hydrated
- take a “rest day” when needed, sometimes less is more. Gains are achieved when the body is rested
- Listen to you body, rather than your Ego. A common way to injure yourself is to do more than your body is ready for.